Board of Directors Meeting

October 4, 2016

CALL TO ORDER – President David Miller called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. at the Miller home.  All members of the Board were present.  None absent.

MINUTES – Jim Colgan moved, Larry Johnson seconded a motion to approve the June 20, 2016 board minutes.  Motion passed.

TREASURER’S REPORT – Treasurer, Bill Rush presented the board with copies of the P & L Budget vs. Actual, Balance Sheet, P & L YTD Comparison all as of September 30, 2016.  Documents attached to minutes.


                _Architectural & Trees – Jim Colgan, Gil Nickles, Holly Minter, Larry Johnson, David Miller. Discussion was held regarding trees along Mingo.  Arborists opinions vary, but the committee will resume discussion and meet with arborists to determine if any trimming or filling of cavity recommended at this time.  When their research and agreement is complete, if work is needed, the board will be polled via email for any expenditure.

                Landmark/Lawn America/Streets, curbs, gutters, other common property – Kevin Johnson reported that Landmark had contacted him indicating that seasonal flowers will be planted by mid-October.  $660 remains in the budget for seasonal flowers. Landmark recommended new soil for flowers, but the board agreed it is not necessary at this time.  Kevin has contacted Brashears Seal Coating regarding the cracks in the streets with no response, but will contact them again understanding that one crack should be under warranty, others need to be repaired.  David Miller asked Kevin to research and recommend repair of curb in front of the Neely residence.

                Fence/Pedestrian Gate – Gil Nickles, Jim Colgan:  New pedestrian gate has been installed, neighbors are pleased with the appearance and the operation of the gate.

                Gate – Holly Minter (Michael Bennett, Bill Gagle):  Discussion was held on concerns of rust and aging of the gate.  David Miller, Gil Nickles will make an assessment, determine if oil and paint would mend the operation or if a gate repair company should be called.  The main concern is for preventive maintenance of the gate. Concerns that gate calls are being dropped again was referred to David Miller who will contact Michael Bennett and Mark Davis to see if they might be able to resolve the problem again.

                Website – Michael Bennett – Holly expressed concern that the website does not display who to call for gate open request.  David Miller will contact Michael Bennett asking him to add that link.  He will also contact Bill Gagle to see if he is able to operate the gate open feature.  Once resolved, the three names will be available for residents to contact.  Note:  24-hour notice for gate open request and do not put towel or sock over the sensor!

                Welcoming Committee – Jan Rusher, no report.

                Seasonal Holiday Decorations – Jim Colgan reported that Pro Lights will probably start installation by the end of this month.


NEW BUSINESS – David Miller reported 1) that he will meet with Bill Rush, treasurer to determine budget recommendations for 2017 and 2) Jim Colgan will once again chair the nominating committee.  Some discussion was held on encouraging new people on the board, rotating off the board, and the number of board members needed to serve.  Both items will be on the agenda for a December Board meeting.

ANNOUNCEMENTS/OTHER – Jan Rusher reported request pending at the Hardesty Library for the TCV HoA Annual Meeting.  Date requested is January 9, 2017 and that notification of request will be confirmed by late October.  Also:  Laurie & Michael Bennett plan garage sale October 21 & 22, thus email to neighbors to join. 

The Board will meet in December to discuss the above items and prepare for the Annual Meeting of Homeowners in January.

ADJOURN – the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.

Respectfully submitted


Janice Rusher, Secretary for the TCV Board