TWIN CREEKS VILLAS
Board of Directors Meeting
November 15, 2012
I. CALL TO ORDER by President, Jim Colgan at 6:00 p.m. Members present: Jim Colgan, Mark Davis, Kevin Johnson, Larry Johnson, David Miller, Bill Rush, Jan Rusher. Absent: Michael Bennett, George Grisaffe.
II. MINUTES – of the September 11, 2012 board meeting were approved as distributed.
III. TREASURER’S REPORT – Bill Rush distributed the following documents: TCV HOA, Inc. Balance Sheet as of October 31, 2012; TCV HOA, Inc. Profit & Loss YTD Comparison, October 2012, TCV HOA, Inc. Profit & Loss Budget vs. Actual, January through October 2012, TCV HOA, Inc., Profit & Loss Budget Overview January through December, 2013. The board reviewed the actual expenses for 2012 with projections for the balance of the year.
After thorough discussion of the proposed budget, and with consideration of the increase proposed by Landmark of $840, or $2 per month per lot, or $24 per lot per year, noting this is the first increase from Landmark: DAVID MILLER MOVED, LARRY JOHNSON SECONDED A MOTION TO INCREASE THE HOA DUES FOR 2013 TO $850 PER HOUSEHOLD. (not including the $100 for lawn fertilization and weed control). The motion passed.
IV. OLD BUSINESS
A. Discussion of Lawn America proposal for fertilization and weed control:
1. Jim Colgan reported that Lawn America will use Robo calls to advise residents of treatment days. He will email residents to update phone numbers.
2. Jim will also email a reminder to homeowners that the cost of lawn maintenance must be paid along with the HOA dues. The amount has decreased from $105 to $100 per household allowed by Lawn America for prepayment discount.
B. Streets, curbs and sidewalks
1. Jim Colgan reported the cost of curb repair was $320.
C. Architectural Committee action:
1. Approval of exterior painting of Buck and Brenda Barlow residence.
2. Approval of request by Will and Holly Minter to plant two trees in their back yard and one in their front yard.
3. Not approved an inquiry regarding planting of bushes in the area between the sidewalk and street.
Other items discussed:
4. Jim Colgan reported that the electrical work at the gate entrance will be started this Saturday. The cost is not to exceed $400.
5. Michael Bennett will work on entrance Christmas lights and would appreciate help this Saturday.
D. The board discussed the 2013 proposed budget and authorized the transfer of operating funds to reserves, considering a policy to transfer the unused portion of the projected expenses for each assed to it’s respective reserve: Fence, Street & Curbs, Gate, Sidewalks. The board unanimously agreed to this policy with the intention of keeping reserved funds for maintenance in an effort to avoid special assessments.
E. The board authorized Jim Colgan to sign the 2013 agreement with Landmark.
V. NEW BUSINESS
A. DAVID MILLER MOVED, LARRY JOHNSON SECONDED A MOTION TO AUTHORIZE THE SIGNATURES OF JIM COLGAN, RON WADLEY AND BILL RUSH FOR ASSOCIATOIN ACCOUNTS AND OTHER BUSINESS.
VI. OTHER BUSINESS
A. Jim asked for volunteers to serve on the Nominating Committee. David Miller, Jan Rusher and Jim Colgan agreed to serve.
B. The ANNUAL MEETING OF THE TWIN CREEKS VILLAS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION will be held on January 15, 2013 at the Hardesty Library from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Janice Rusher, Secretary