TWIN CREEKS VILLAS
Board of Directors Meeting
August 12, 2013
CALL TO ORDER: President, Kevin Johnson, called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. at the Rusher home.
Members present: Kevin Johnson, Jim Colgan, Michael Bennett, Ed Heffern, David Miller, Larry Johnson, Mark Davis, Bill Rush, Jan Rusher.
MINUTES: Motion by Jim Colgan, second by Ed Heffern to approve the minutes of the April 22, 2013 board meeting. Motion passed.
TREASURERíS REPORT: Bill Rush presented the Balance Sheet as of July 31, 2013, P & L Budget vs. Actual through July 2013. David Miller moved, Larry Johnson seconded the motion to approve the treasurerís report. Motion passed.
1. David Miller reported approval of minor changes previously submitted for approval.
2. A lengthy discussion was held regarding individual gates, mailboxes and yard improvements - back and front. The consensus of the board is that all improvements or changes must be approved by the Architectural Committee. It was decided that David Miller, Architectural Committee Chairman, will draft an email to be sent to all residents with guidelines and reminder that any and all improvements must be in compliance with our Restrictive Covenants, thus requiring approval.
3. In a separate lengthy discussion, board members considered the best way to handle problem weeds in individual yards. Each homeowner, in accordance with the Covenants, is responsible for keeping weeds under control. It was unanimously decided that the Architectural Committee should approach a homeowner 1) with a friendly reminder 2) with a second reminder of compliance advising homeowner of consequences of noncompliance and as last resort 3) referring the matter to Landmark for cleanup and removal of weeds for which the homeowner would be billed - in compliance with the Restrictive Covenants. David Miller will address this policy in his email to all homeowners. The Board stressed the importance of consistency in this policy.
1. Curbs, sidewalks, streets - Ed Heffern
The two cracks near the entrance are due to be sealed by B & T Sealcoating with the cost to be no more than $600.
2. Exterior fence repairs/maintenance - Mark Davis, no report.
3. Gate operation/maintenance - Michael Bennett
Discussion was held on gate operation and reimbursement of software to enable Mark Davis as well as Michael Bennett to operate the gate. Further discussion acknowledged the need to prepare for the eventual repair or replacement of the gate. The board suggests budget reserves be established for this eventual expense.
4. Landmark - Kevin Johnson
a. contract negotiations will take place in September.
b. Sprinkler - relocation of controls has been completed from Hendricks backyard to common area.
c. discussion regarding water timing - agreed to let it stand
d. seasonal color will transition at the appropriate time
5. Lawn America - Kevin Johnson
a. spot application to occur this week. Homeowners will receive calls.
6. Trash - Kevin Johnson
a. new service due to purchase of both trash removal companies serving our neighborhood. Homeowners have been advised by new company.
Michael Bennett proposed developing a welcome packet for new homeowners to be delivered by a greeting committee. The packet would include a printed copy of the neighborhood directory, information regarding lawn service, website, etc. and a copy of the Restrictive Covenants excerpts that specify rules for maintenance, repairs and improvements. The Board acknowledged and encouraged this policy. Mike will proceed with development of the packet. Jan Rusher volunteered to assist with distribution and welcome to new residents.
Kevin Johnson announced the scheduling of the Annual Meeting of Homeowners - he will reserve the Pecan Room at Hardesty Library for first choice: January 13, second choice January 20, 2014.
Next Board of Directors Meeting is scheduled for November 25, 2013 at which time the budget will be presented and other business discussed for the annual meeting of the homeowners.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m.